Wednesday 30 July 2008

...or not

This evening was my first spell 'on duty' for the war effort.

It wasn't quite what I was expecting. I asked for a few pointers in the militia channel but I guess people were busy typing their x's and didn't notice.

I spent a while listening in on the conversations about war targets in distant system x, and war targets in even more distant system y although it didn't appear much came of any of the reports.

Eventually someone mentioned that there were some targets in a system close enough to be reachable before bed time so I headed on over. Local showed 1 red star and a handful of purple, it was also packed with a bunch of 'non-combatants' although it looked like Concord felt differently!

So I flew to the 'plex, nothing but a few NPC battleships (on our side!), did a quick tour of the stations expecting a small group of friendlies sat outside waiting for the target to come out. Nothing.

So then I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I did a quick couple of tours around the surrounding systems. Nothing.

Closest I got to a fight was a flashy pirate that warped into the 'plex just as I warped out. Probably for the best though!

Hopefully things will pick up and they'll be some slightly more talkative people around next time...

No comments: