Friday 25 July 2008

A Series of Mistakes


I have a theory.

It's a pretty good theory.


Life, particularly life as a capsuleer in New Eden, is a series of mistakes, a chain of bad choices.

I'm pretty convinced I can see where the most recent chain started and it ended with the demise of the Mordant Core.

I'm not usually one for anthropomorphication but I really did like that little ship.
The chain started with the incorrect choice to spend the first part of my cycle running errands. I needed more ammo, had to move some stuff around, check some prices. Y'know, donkey work that needs doing from time to time. If I'd gone right out and started shooting stuff for people, I probably wouldn't have been around when I was given this particular mission.

On the face of it, it looked fairly straightforward: go here, shoot this, steal these documents. No problem, that's that the Mordant Core is all about but then there's the bad choices.


To cut to the chase of what could end up being a very long and boring story I should have gone for the defiler first, it would have cut the transit time between targets right down and it would have taken more damage out of the equation.

I've grown complacent over the last few days - I very nearly lost the Mordant Core twice last cycle and it was mostly because I wasn't paying attention. They say you learn even the simplest of lessons the hard way in New Eden and I wouldn't argue. I had plenty of time to think about my complacency, my lesson learnt on the long trip to Rens to pick up a shiny new Jaguar Assault Ship to once again fly under the banner of the Mordant Core.

No comments: