Monday 28 July 2008

Send in the clones!

The hero always gets the girl.

I've been running missions for what seems like forever in an effort to grind my standing with Republic Fleet up to 8.0. I want to be able to use jump clones so that I can set myself up to explore 0.0 space and still be able to pop back to run missions or maybe get involved in Faction Warfare.


I read up a fair bit on the subject but the information I could find was a little ambiguous: In some places it said you needed 8.0 personal standing
and 8.0 corporate standing, and in other places it said 8.0 personal or corporate. A very subtle difference and since much of the documentation was a few years old, and was mostly conjecture posted before jumpclones were even implemented, I was a bit stuck.

I figured I could just ask on the forums, but I'm allergic to MMPORG forums and I didn't want to come out in a case of The Rage. I took the other option instead: just bloody try it, once upon a time, someone else would have done the same.


Well, I finally made it to 8.0 personal standing, so I was able to try Hypothesis 1: since getting 8.0 personal
and corporate would mean just creating a 1 man corp, setting up your jumpclones then rejoining your old corp, it seems pretty pointless to require both at 8.0, much more sensible for it to be or.

The result: Hurrah! You just need a personal standing at 8.0
or a corp standing at 8.0 to use jumpclones.

I figured that with jumpclones set up, I'd be able to send one off into the 0.0 void and have a wander about. I actually did a bit of scouting and found an area that looks like it might be a good '0.0 starting area'.

Of course, what I really need is to be a member of a corporation that actually has some presence in 0.0 space (or just presence in the game! my current corp has only 3 people in it, 2 of which are me!). Pretty much all of the commentaries I've read about 0.0 is that you don't last long on your own but we'll see, exploring is all just part of the adventure.

No comments: