Monday 5 January 2009

Dust sheets

Wow, did I really post last in August? That's pretty poor really.

Basically, shortly after that last post, I pulled the dust sheets over my ships, switched off the hangar lights and suspended my accounts - I wasn't playing very much, I didn't really know what to do with my time in the game and I just hadn't quite found a corp to join.

As I've said before, I've played a lot of MMPORGS in the past (it used to be *most* but there are so many now that it simply isn't true any more) but EVE Online is the only one I've gone back to again after I've left. There's something about the shiny internet spaceships that makes me want to log in and play. I had already decided I wanted to start again but was putting it off because I had all my stuff spread across 2 accounts and couldn't really justify reactivating both just for a look around. So the good old "Why not reactivate your account for 5 days for free" christmas email came as a very nice christmas surprise! I was able to reactivate 1 account and use the free days on the other to transfer all my stuff! Job's a good'un!

Quantum Rise didn't add a huge amount of particular interest to me, but I still had a few things I wanted to try out. I've also found a corporation to join. Blood Moon, it's a small corp currently who are part of a smallish alliance with access to 0.0 space, which opens up a part of the game I always felt a bit excluded from.

So, I've liquidated as much junk as I can, trashed the rest and moved all my remaining worldly possessions 45 jumps into the great unknown (without a freighter, with my own crappy indy skills).

So far it's been fairly exciting; I've been on a roam in a fleet of 11 other ships, searching out the enemies of our alliance (we got 2, 1 was a pod and the other one no-one seemed to be able to find the killmail for - we're still fairly inexperienced!) but it was a good introduction into moving as a fleet around null-sec. I even got to play scout, which I did fairly well (if I do say so myself).

Training wise, I'm still very much a fan of small ships (I got that Assault Ships 5 skill, along with a few other useful bits) and I've started work on my Covert-Ops skills (cos I think being able to move around unseen will really come in handy in null-sec).

All-in-all, a fairly successful return and I intend to start writing about my EVE experiences again.

No comments: