Monday 19 January 2009

Skirmish Report

I'm quite getting into living in null-sec, even mining isn't boring...

I've reactivated my alt and having realised he is not good for much else, I've put him to work in the mines. In my new 0.0 home.

I was irritated to realise that because of the utter noobishness with which I trained this ancient character, he can't even tank sub-million isk rats in a Hulk at the moment, so I have to keep watch in the Mordant Core.

I was doing just this on Saturday when a red popped into the system. Orobas was duly dispatched to the safety of the outpost station whilst I took the Mordant Core to sit in my safespot, in case anyone needed assistance.

Sure enough, a member of the Alliance called for help from a belt and I set off. Other pilots in the Alliance also said they were on their way so I felt confident that we would be ok.

I arrived in the belt, and promptly engaged the hostile just in time for my ally's pod to escape, sadly he lost a Drake.

Hostile was flying a Sacrilege, which is a little too much for the the Mordant Core, but I had 2 points to lay down and the promise of support incoming.

I was giving a pretty good show, but my damage was insufficient to break his tank and with my armor down to 50% and no support yet on grid, it was time to bug out. I pointed my ship at the nearest planet and spammed the warp button until I was clear of his warp disruptor. Predictably he followed me to the planet but I was already boucing off to a safespot and after a few half-hearted shots fired at another Ally at the gate (oddly the one who was incoming to my belt...) he left the system.

As with all of the fights I've gotten into so far in null-sec, I learnt some things:
  1. Our Alliance needs to sort out its battle comms, people were talking in local, no fleet was ever formed and it was generally a dropping of the ball.
  2. If you want something done properly, do it yourself - I was waiting for someone to take charge of the situation. Next time, I'll be the one in charge.
  3. My little Attack Ship actually held its own for much longer than I expected against a HAC, I couldn't have killed him on my own, but if I'd had the backup, I had him locked down ready for some sweet justice.
I do so enjoy learning lessons without my ship going pop. I guess that means that I am actually learning something!

No comments: