Wednesday 28 January 2009

More Wormholey News

Eve News posted a summary of the new wormholey exploration stuff that is coming in the next EVE expansion.

I have to say that this is really going to be a lot of fun.

I already have a small cache of probe blueprint copies in my hangar and I think I'm going to go ahead and buy some more, and I'm going to build a small stockpile of some drones in anticipation of them all being converted. I guess it's kinda gaming the system a little bit but I think it's fair.

As I've posted recently, I trained up for Covert Ops so I could fly a probeship. I guess my only disappointment with the new system is that whilst I can still use it and it will give me bonuses, it's probably not going to be all that useful on the other side if I actually want to kill any of these new UBARLEET NPC ships to take their PHATLEWT and make PWNMOBILES out of it. I hope I can squeeze a probe launcher onto the Mordant Core.

One other observation I had was that Lasers are going to continue to be FOTM for this stuff as you're very likely to run out of ammo in these new areas. The Mordant Core tears through ammo so fast and I still need to keep space for probes and PHATLEWT.

Perhaps the Mordant Entropy, my hurricane, would be a better option. Obviously the ultimate solution is to always take corpies along with me, but it's not always feasible.

One thing is for sure, my first trip through a wormhole will be in a cloakyship packed full of emergency backup probes so I can get back again :O)

No comments: