Thursday 15 January 2009

This week in skill training

Electronic Upgrades V (ongoing)

urg, will it ever end? :)

This skill has ammused me. First off, it is almost completely useless, no-one would ever train it for its inherent bonus:
"5% reduction of sensor upgrade CPU needs per skill level."

No, the only reason anyone gets this baby to level 5 is Covert Ops.

When I first started training it, the timer was 15 days and some change until my overexcitement got the better of my judgement one day and I lost my attribute implants. That put it up to about 17 days and a bit more change which was irritating. I spent those 2 extra days training up some of my long-neglected learning skills and managed to get the timer back to about 15 days and chopped time off a whole bunch of other skills.

Sometimes EVE's skill meta-game drives me to distraction, other times I get that warm fuzzy feeling from having accomplished something worthwhile.

At least whilst I'm training an important long skill I don't have to make any difficult descisions about what to train next...

No comments: